You are being asked whether to commit — when you cannot be sure how it will turn out.
Should we move the whole company to a four-day week?
How it might soundI’d recommend a pilot rather than a company-wide launch. First, we can reverse it if it fails, and a pilot would show us the effect on output and on customer cover. Second, waiting a few months costs us very little. I’d change my view if the early results showed customers waiting longer for answers.
A batch of our medicine may be contaminated. Should we recall it?
How it might soundI’d recall it today. The harm cannot be undone, there is no time for a trial, and every day of delay adds risk. I’d review the decision as soon as the test results arrive.
The same words, “Should we…?”, and the lens points the other way. Seeing that is the skill.